Saturday, August 9, 2014

What a week this has been!
  1.The house is very nearly finished. With insulating( I lack five panels) and stays much cooler with the little a/c I bought for the dog.  She is kept inside during the day while I am gone since I have not got the fence for the yard as of yet.
2. The neighbor's chickens were attacked- originally by coyotes, or so we thought, but secondary attacks have led to a neighbors dog.  He has been allowed to roam the countryside at will, and this is the result.  Another reason to hurry and fence in my land.  The sad thing is the neighbor who owns the dog does not feel his dog should be disciplined, shot at, or anything, because they have lived here longer than anyone else and his dog ( a big kurvas) has always been allowed to roam. Makes me think twice about building a chicken coop without the yard being fenced.
3. Insulation of the house is nearly finished, including the push on a 100 plus degree day that left me itchy and hot!  I lack one bundle ( 5 panels).
4. Finally, school has begun!  I am always eager to go back to school and get to know my new students.

All in all, except for helping clean up the havoc of a raided coop, and helping explain how chickens to to heaven to their kids, it was a great and wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Check the portable chicken coops. Move them daily and fertilize

    ReplyDelete