Saturday, January 10, 2015

It has been a very long and cold week!  Keeping the wood stove going, backing up with propane as needed.  My pond has a welcome visitor.  I appear to have a young blue heron visiting. He/she has been on the far side of the pond the last couple days, flying away when I approach.  I haven't gotten a picture yet.  I am torn between continuing to try, and knowing if left alone it may stay.  I elect to intrude only when absolutely necessary.
Thursday was the coldest day, started at 3 degrees with wind chill of minus 11. It only made it into the teens.  The weather man has promised 50's in another week, but until then we will continue to have freeze temps.  Ice and snow are in the forecast this week, and I hope for no snow days at the school where I teach.
 Try to stay warm!  The pond is slushy frozen,

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts, keep them coming and love the details on constructuon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need update..did you see the sun?

    ReplyDelete