Thursday, April 9, 2015

I made it!  Passed my testing on Tuesday, and am now the proud owner of an Oklahoma CDL.  They are yellow in color and are referred to as the Golden Ticket!  Two days later, and I am still thrilled that it is over.  I leave Monday to go to Dallas for Orientation at Schneider National.  I ended up staying in Tulsa through Wednesday because the closest Pre-Employment screening for my new job was in Tulsa!  So yesterday Ingot that done, now just need to get through Orientation, get into a pumpkin truck,  and enjoy my new career.
Since I have a few days at home ( wont be home for three weeks once I leave for orientation) , I am getting things planted, and organized.  A friend has offered to watch over Ms. Boo for the orientation/training time, so she is going to be loved and cared for!  Once I am done with the training phase, I will be home two days a week, and she and I will be good for that!
So far, we have planted tomato plants, eggplants, seeded more peas, carrots, and radishes. I have also planted lilies up by the pond, and columbine by the back of the cabin.   I will plant early corn and cukes right before I Leave.  I am blessed to be living in an area that gets abundant rain, so with mulch my garden will survive through this.
 I am excited because I will be making enough to not only pay bills, but also put up fencing in sections during home times.  I will also need to have a concrete pad poured  that will support my bobtail ( truck without the trailer).  I will be able to bring it home as long as it is not too wet between now and when I get it poured.
Lots of things are happening at the Silvere Moon.  Keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment