Sunday, April 19, 2015

Silver Moon Homestead is growing!  Recently a parcel with almost 13.5 acres came available directly across the dirt road from the cabin.  Due to the change in occupation, I was able to pick up this parcel, and add to mynholdings.  It has a small pond, that until recently was pretty much dried up.  That pond is manmade, and holds rainwater.  Right now it has water, but we have been blesssed with rainlately.  I plan to excavate it deeper, and enlarge its back boundary.  Pictures will come later.

I am nearly finished my refresher training, and preparing to go out in my own truck here in another week and a half.  Right now that means I am not home as much, but I get in regularly.  Neighbors watch over Ms. Boo in my absence, and  she is always happy to see me again.

I will need to either hire someone to mow the lawn, or get it done.  The past two times have been too wet and rainy to mow.  Fencing the home place is scheduled for a couple weeks from now. Eventually I will need to fence the new property, but that will be mostly. pasture, with the barn on that acreage.

While this is not exactly the journey I dreamed of, being flexible and continuing to follow the dream is important.  There are many positive things that have happened since I left teaching, and returned to trucking.  The sacrifices I make now to secure the dream are worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment