Saturday, April 4, 2015

What a change a month makes!  While I continue to blog on the facebook page weekly, under the same name-silvermoonhomestead- I have had seveal requests to continue this blog as well.  I will honor those requests as I realize even with the popularity of Facebook, not everyone has made the leap onto Facebook.
Due to unique circumstances, I am no longer employed as a teacher.  Nope, I never touched a child to harm them. This is more of family issues that dictated this change.  In any case, I am in a truck driving school regaining my Class A CDL and returning to trucking in the near future.  It is a sad commentary that the majority of jobs other than teachers pay much better than teaching.  In my case, after being off the road for more than 10 years, I can step back into a job and double my pay.
I should be going to orientation for the company of my choice in the next couple of weeks.  I just have to pass my Pre-Trip, Backing, and Road test and head out from there.
What does this mean for my single female run homestead?  It means that projects will be done when I get home, it means I will be on the lookout for supplies needed as I wander the area I drive in.  I intend to get a job driving regional ( normally run within 5-10 states of home) . It means I hope to be home at least two days a week, and work on the homestead for those days.  It does put animals on hold, but as mentioned before without fencing, I would not be able to keep the neighbors livestock out or mine in.  I will work on getting fencing done, the barn built, and the cabin totally done for this year.  I am also going to ramp up becoming debt free.  On a teaching salary, this would have taken over 10 years, but now I anticipate less than five years.
You never know who is reading this blog!  A lady in the class ahead of me graduated yesterday.  She is the second female to complete the road test in one try.  I anticipate being the third!  Anyway, while talking with her husband, I discovered they have been reading my blog!  Congrats to Lisa Cerda and her husband, Rick!  She will start driving in the next couple of weeks, then he is thinking of following in her footsteps, and joining her on the road.  Sometimes you have to be flexible and adjust plans to follow your dream.  I am adapting to ensure I keep following my dream.  I love coming back home after time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment