Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Christmas season has arrived!  This will be my first Christmas on my homestead, and I am like a little kid this year.  Even though I will be elsewhere on Christmas Day, I have begun decorating for the season.
Modern progress has found its way to my place with the addition of Dish Network TV and Internet.  Last week the dish guy put in a temporary mount for the tv dish in a torrential downpour.  I felt bad for him getting soaked to the skin, but that is part of his job.  This weekend another technician came and not only set the dish on a permanent pole mount, but got my dish Internet hooked up as well.  Look out world, I can now beam in from home!
Another friend who is also building her "shouse "as she calls them and I have decided to collaborate on a book outlining our respective voyages as single women homesteaders.  Her farm has three buildings that will eventually interconnect, while mine just has one single dwelling for the moment.  She has a building to hide her construction in progress, while mine is with me.  I think our respective readers will enjoy the differences and similarities of our voyages.  Hopefully we can inspire you to begin yours as well!

I will post pics from home once all the lights and decor is in place.
Hope you all have a blessed week, and as for me, it is Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I think your "Shouse" is coming along quite nicely. I enjoyed visiting with you yesterday! See you on Wednesday when you make your Podcast debut on "Tiny House Homestead!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Sounds like you are doing well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete