Thursday, June 26, 2014

I am loving the weather here in Oklahoma.  Since my arrival on June 6th it has rained 12 days or a portion of those 12 days.  I have been here nearly a month, and have recorded a total of 11 inches of rain! Everything is so green!  Quite the change for this transplant from the western desert areas of Texas.  It has rained more here, and accumulated three times the rain I ever say living in Kermit for 2 and 1/2 years!  Today is very overcast and I am all for some more rain! 

When I bought my little cabin from Derksen Buildings back in March, I was very pleased.  I knew it came with a warranty, but had no idea how good they were about it.  After a very hard rain the other morning, I woke to find a puddle of water on the floor next to my bed.   Yes, the cabin has developed a couple small leaks, BUT one call to Dustin with Derksen Buildings, and I have a repair man scheduled to come fix that and a few other things they need to fix (small cracks developing in the sidewalls). 




I have put out 5 gallon buckets to catch rainfall ( captured 35 gallons so far!) I am wanting to get a rain barrel.  I am looking for one that has the spigot on the front where I can attach a hose and use it to water the garden.  Currently I trek up to the pond with buckets tied to rope, throw it in, and pull to shore.  Slightly messy, but still gets the job done.  Still a trip to Lowes is in order....Shawnee here I come!
 

Grasshoppers are eating my garden nearly as fast as I plant!  I started 12 squash from seed, the grasshoppers waited patiently for the first true leaves before eating all but two of my plants! I know it is illegal to murder, but I surely wish for the grasshoppers demise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment