Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It has been an interesting week.  I am learning about wells, bullet buckets thanks to a new friend and fellow homesteader, and how to move water easier from the pond down to the garden.  I am so happy that the pond has refilled itself due to all the rain here recently.  I was worried back in May because the pond was getting pretty low (see pics) and looks so much better now full.





 
The other quick lesson I learned was roads can and will wash out here with the rain.  I have begun searching for a 4 wheel drive vehicle as part of my driveway washed out and had to be repaired.  A pipe run through a few sturdy concrete blocks and then back filled with sand and clay makes a nice temporary fix til I can rent a backhoe and do this properly. 



The garden is going well, a little sevin dust to keep the bugs from eating all my pepper plants, but otherwise doing well considering the late start my garden got. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment