Tuesday, July 22, 2014

For those of you who have been wondering...yes, electricity is being worked on at the same time.  Drilling holes in my beautiful studs bothered me for a small bit, then comfort won out.  While I have done cabins before, I always farmed out the electric and plumbing.  This time, I decided to do these myself.


I also bought a gas engine lawn mower, and decided to start mowing myself, where up to this point, I had been paying a neighbor's son to mow for me.  On another note, after mowing the grass last evening around the well, I found evidence a pump may already be in the well.   The neighbors up hill tell me that the fellow where I now live and his mom, next property to the northeast, both had wells dug, but the pipe comes out the side of the well-UNDERGROUND.....so before I explore plumbing any more, I will dig and see if I can find a pipe coming off the side of the well. The neighbors believe it is 2-4 foot down.  Apparently they set it this way to gravity feed to their trailers....no need for a pressure tank!  I will keep the submersible pump I bought for the time being as eventually the old pump, being mechanical, will wear out!  Now I am wondering if my depth was figured wrong.  I had lowered a washer on a 200 ft rope until I felt slack, pulled it up and measured where the rope went slack, and how far up it was wet.  I am wondering if the pump made the rope go slack.  The things we learn when exploring!  
















No comments:

Post a Comment