Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thank you Lord!  Thunderstorms boomed through my area after midnight with a gentle rain falling after until nearly lunchtime!  I may never complain about the rain, after many years in the southwestern Texas desert where it just never remembers to rain!  I love having everything around me green!
  While waiting on the repair guy from Derksen Buildings to arrive, I began installing mini blinds.  Then the power went out!  It got hot, so I called in and soon the power was back on.    So I got to try out my new cordless drill. Gals, you gotta know how much fun power tools are...especially cordless!
The Derksen Building new repair guy Trent and his lovely girlfriend Cassie came out about 2 pm to do repairs.  For the gap in the floor, it has been thoroughly calked, and he put a 2x4 under the floor to further seal it.  For the gap in the upper eave, he put a 2x4 section then calked around it, and also calked around the window below.  Maybe my days of wet feet on rainy days are over.  While it took 2 weeks to get them out, to be fair, they have apparently had a repair fella that was not too reliable for going where he was supposed to be, or calling customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment